When I speak to people about blogging and content marketing, one of the first excuses they come up with is ‘I don’t have time’, rapidly followed by ‘I don’t know what to write about’.
Sometimes we’re a little too close to our business, and can’t see the wood for the trees. Hopefully this list of 21 things you can blog about right now will help clear your mind, and give you some ideas.
21 Things You Could Blog About Right Now
- A topical news piece – read the online news, locally, nationally, internationally and industry – find something you can relate to your business and write about it.
- Your latest client – tell your readers who your latest client is and what you’ll be doing for them – it helps them to see the kind of person they could refer to you for future business.
- Your latest product – if you have a new product or service, use your blog to tell your readers about its benefits.
- Your latest member of staff – growing as a business? Brag about it – let your readers know what’s going on in your business and they’ll reward you with loyalty!
- A day in your life – describe a typical day in your life at work / in your business. People like to read about people.
- Top tips in your industry – share top tips – help to educate people and they’ll share you, tweet you, facebook you and more.
- An opinion piece – a risky one, but if you have an opinion on something, share it!
- A how to article – help people out by telling them how to do something to do with your industry.
- FAQs – round up the questions you get asked the most and answer them!
- Industry news – what’s going on in your industry that could interest your potential clients / readers?
- Answer a question – look at your email. What was the last question you received about your business? Answer it in a blog post.
- Do a recent roundup – really stuck for something to blog? A round up post of recent or popular posts on your blog is a quick and easy space filler, and will be useful to readers who may have missed previous posts.
- Post a poll – ask a question, give people a few choices, and post up your poll. Use another blog post to go over the results when you’ve collated them.
- Tell people how you started – people like people. Share with your readers how you got started in business, and ask them to share their stories too.
- Take a picture – a picture tells a thousand words – take a picture; of your office, your shop, your latest product, your coffee cup, whatever – and write a blog post around it.
- Ask a question – want interaction on your blog? Ask your readers a question they can answer easily.
- Give something away – find the right giveaway and you can generate a lot of links and traffic. Giveaway checklists, white papers, ebooks, reports, the list is endless.
- Review a product or website – been visiting a website for a while? Finished a course or book? Used a great product? Write a review post and let your readers know.
- Share resources – found some great industry resources? Or websites you think your readers will be interested in? Share them.
- Write a testimonial – had great service from someone? Write them an open letter testimonial on your blog and be sure to link to their website and Social Media accounts. Put a smile on someone’s face.
- Link to other great posts – share the love of your readers by directing them to other great posts that may help them. Whether it’s ‘Top 10 Posts about Facebook’ or ‘Posts I love this week’, a list of great posts you’ve read is easy to do and helps others out too.
Off the top of my head, there are your starters for 21 – where are you going to start?